Friday, August 5, 2011

"fetching pins..."

 Well, I am very sad to say that the end of summer is here. (I can't believe I just admitted that.) It has been absolutely wonderful and I sure do wish it would last longer. But since it can't, I figured I would show you what Ryne and I have been up to as far as crafts go. This summer, I have become obsessed with an amazing website called Pinterest. No doubt, I probably spent about 25% of my summer on it (Please don't judge me). Its sooo cool. For real. There are so many cool ideas on there. I've bookmarked so many websites with things I want to build/make. But anyways here are some pictures!

This actually wasn't from Pinterest, Ryne came up with the idea all on his own. I brought some vases home from Hobby Lobby and Ryne made them into lamps. We each have one for our nightstands in our bedroom.

Here's some silhouette's that I read a tutorial on how to make. I sure hope they kind of resemble our family and not some randos off the street. If needed, use your imagination :)

And here is a work in progress. It was very difficult to cut cork and draw the states accurately. Once again, this might be something you have to use your imagination on! And yes, I do realize there's a good chance that Rhode Island is missing. :) But anyways, this will become a map of the places Ryne and I have visited. We've bought map pins to stick in the cities. Our goal is to find a map of Auburn to modpodge to some canvas. (Stephen got us a map that we might use. But if you have any ideas where there might be one in color, please let us know!) Then we'll stick the map on top. Next goes the pins! No worries, I'll post the finished project.

This was one of my first projects on my new sewing machine! It's a casserole carrier. It's even lined with insulation to keep my dishes cold or hot. I haven't used it yet, but I'm awaiting the opportunity.

This idea wasn't from Pinterest either; I think I saw it in a Martha Stewart book or something. It's a tiered tray I can use for parties or what not. We got the dishes on sale at World Market. (Man! I wish there was one here!) And then I just glued them together. It was super easy! Instead of using a plate for the top tier, I decided to use a bowl. That way, I could put put some dips or something like that in it if I wanted.

Well, that's the end of most of our crafting. Hopefully in a few days you'll be able to see pictures of our new couch!! Yay!!!

1 comment: