Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back By Popular Demand..

Or back by the reminder of one :) Thanks Mrs. Mary Louise Kennedy.

It's been awhile since Ryne and I have blogged, so there's a lot of updating to be done!

Let's see, where to begin? Well, I guess we can start with Jackson. He is still a fur ball of energy and is just as cute as ever. In May, Jackson graduated from puppy school. He is so smart. He can do all kinds of tricks! He can shake, high five, roll over, play dead, fetch, and of course the basics like sit and lay down. We honestly haven't worked on his tricks in a while, but maybe soon we can add more to his accomplishments. Jackson is doing really well with come when called; however, I do not trust him with walking without his leash. He gets distracted too too easily. He makes me smile so much.


Jack's graduation. Look at him being cute!
In May, we also celebrated my birthday. Ryne gave me a new sewing machine, so I've had lots of projects added to my list. I love it! I am currently looking for a cute sewing table for Ryne to build me, so if you have any ideas be sure to let me know. Along with my sewing machine, Ryne promised me cake decorating classes and I am so excited. We haven't signed up yet because the schedule hasn't worked for us, but soon!
In June, Ryne and I had our first anniversary. Yay! :) We spent the weeknend in Savannah. It was so nice and pretty! We stayed in this cutesy bed and breakfast. They had the best red velvet cake in the world. The cream cheese icing was sooo good! I loved the little town squares in Savannah; they were so pretty. Even though it was super hot, it was fun to walk around the town and visit the little shops.

Ryne on the trolley tour

Ryne and I on River Street

The bed and breakfast
Going with the tradition of first anniversaries, we ate a slice of our wedding cake. It was fun but ooooh so gross! Note to those who haven't saved their cake yet, make sure you wrap that sucker good!! Ours wasn't in a very good container and got freezer burnt. Sad, I know.






Now that brings us to July. We have become obsessed with the television show Bones. We've found seasons 1-4 on sale, so we've marathon watched all those. Man, that Bones and Booth! They make me laugh. I can't wait until season 5 goes on sale so we can watch those and then season 6 is on hulu so we'll be all caught up for the new season!
Oooh, and something very exciting, we bought a new couch this past weekend. I am soo excited! Unfortunately we don't get it until 35 days. But we got to pick out our fabric and our cushions (down cushions!) and everything else. I can't wait to nap on the chaise.
                                            
Now, we are on a mission looking for a leather chair and ottoman for Ryne. Per Ryne's instructions: No recliner, no rocking, and no nail heads. So, its been kind of tough finding the perfect chair. Ryne kinda likes this crazy green leather chair but I don't think either one of us is bold enough to actually commit to it.

Well, until next time! :)

1 comment: