Saturday, April 2, 2011

Making the New Old!

Well for Valentines Day this year I decide to get my lovely Wife a china cabinet. She had been wanting a china cabinet but considering they are about 8 million bucks and normally quite large, I needed an alternative. So, I just figured I could build one, doesn't seem that hard right ? I searched out for one that was small enough for what we needed and wouldn't cost me two arms. I found a plan and then changed very little to it, because it was about perfect for what I wanted. After I built it, Lindsey and I finished it by painting it yellow, I mean YELLOW! We both thought it was super super bright at first then it started to grow on both of us. We talked about trying to "antique" it or disstress it but never did. Well a month and a half later, we finally got to it.

This is how it started. This is the YELLOW I was talking about.

I didn't take any pictures of this but I sanded the whole thing before we applied the stain. I concentrated on the edges and corners so they would show more.

This is how she turned out!


Also, here are some closer pictures.

                          

This is the bottom which added some very needed space for cookbooks in our small kitchen.

And this is kinda how it looks in our dining room.



No comments:

Post a Comment