Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Refreshing Antiques

Well, recently Lindsey and I went out junk/antique shopping, with my mom, hoping we would stumble upon some wonders. We found plenty of stuff that was neat or unique but only found a couple of things we wanted to tackle projects on.

We found both of these at the same place after going to about a billion (or ten). I found a pair of old snow skis that I need for a sweet project. I'm not sure why a South Alabama antique shop had snow skis but I landed them anyways. Lindsey found an old window pane that she was going to spruce up for something neat for some wall art in our guest room.

Here are the Skis, the project will follow in the near future!



On to Lindsey's project, She took the old window pane and some pictures and whatnots and created this! I think its a great and different way to hang some pictures. There is also a picture of the guest bedroom below in which you can see our bed. Lindsey and myself built/finished the headboard and a good friend and I made the side table and then Lindsey and I finished it. It's a copy of the Pottery Barn Mason headboard and a modified version of the Pottery Barn Farmhouse side table. I found the plans on ana-white.com. If you haven't seen her website, you should definitely check it out. Anyways, that was just a shameless plug for the stuff we built. We are quite proud of ourselves, if I do say so myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment